Antibiotic for ingrown-toenail surgery?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Slall
Brand New Poster

Antibiotic for ingrown-toenail surgery?

Postby Slall » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:40 pm

Hey guys, I need help I had toenail surgery (minor) on Sunday evening at 6pm it is now Tuesday morning at 3:30am(cannot sleep). From the moment the numbness wore off I have been in severe pain/throbbing/stabbing/pressure ... I went back to hospital on Monday for a dressing change nail looked fine. But now I've taken the bandage off to see if it would help ease the pain.... and I think it's infected. It does not look good!! Obv I can't do anything at the mo because it's the middle of the night. But I've tried soaking it for 10mins dried it off and put a fresh bandage on! Still the same, anybody able to suggest anything to help?? I have kept it raised but feels more painfull when I try to rest it?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Antibiotic for ingrown-toenail surgery?

Postby beth22 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:08 pm

You need to call your doctor or the doctor on call. Were you given any ointment to use on it?

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:26 am

Are you high risk for a c.diff infection?

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:42 pm

I am curious about why you are posting this question on the c diff support site. Have you had a C. difficile infection in the past?

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”