Burning sensation in intestines

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
kenvh
New User

Burning sensation in intestines

Postby kenvh » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:26 am

Do people here have a burning intestine?
Not when having a bowel movement. But My bowels feel onfire.

Risible
New User

Re: Burning sensation in intestines

Postby Risible » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:15 am

The was JUST thinking about this and came to the board to refresh my memory of the feeling.

Some have reported that they feel the same thing in their gut as when they have high anxiety.

I had FMT just about a month ago, and before that I couldn’t figure out the constant feelings of anxiety. I thought it was my being anxious because I couldn’t think through my work projects clearly due to feeling so unwell.

For me, panic and anxiety feels like a combination of burning and ‘fireworks’ going off in my gut. I started to feel that way again yesterday afternoon through the night (and woke up this way), so came here to search for what I’d read in the past.

Granted, I have a high stress job, but anxiety typically only hits for a brief period and I can usually tamp it down by going for a walk, but this feeling was/is now again constant.

I suppose that if I take a new c-diff test, and it ends up positive- I’ll have my answer. I’m back with other symptoms too. Hoping it’s just st anxiety and D for another reason.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:36 am

Has your problem been diagnosed as c.diff with a stool test?

kenvh
New User

Postby kenvh » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:28 am

Not diagnosed. No. But i wonder if tests are sensitive enough to cath jejunum inflammation

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:29 am

It's the toxin that causes illness and it's the toxin that the test looks for so no toxin means no c.diff (as a disease).
Your body is like a planet, certain areas support specific inhabitants and if c.diff is outside it's preferred "home" it will not thrive.
C.diff bacteria is a normal gut bacteris and not a disease but unfortunately the name of the disease is shortened from clostridium difficile colitis to c.diff.
If c.diff overgrows it can produce toxins but even then it only becomes a disease if the hosts (your) immune system reacts to it.
That reaction is confined to the colon and instead of absorbing water it pushes water back out to flush away the toxin, resulting in watery D.
Colitis cause by c.diff is a specific disease and it's not thought to be a disease causing (potential) in other parts of the digestive system.

kenvh
New User

Postby kenvh » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:40 am

I read numbes of rare causes that cdiff happens in small intestine too. Even jejunum. And not only for crohn people that have a colostomybag surgery. No, older people with small intestine motility failure. Low stomach acid can make the small intestine a better envirement too. So its not always colon. Not at all. It just isnt usual as normal. Also... diareah is also not always present. In those with small bowel cdiff, a lot of people have actually constipation. Again, there are some pubmed papers and even stories here on the board that a patient actually had constipation instead of diareah. Trapped fluid in loops is much seen. I guess this can be a big factor. More and more people get sibo. Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. One of the
Biggest reasons is anti vinculin. An auto immune problem that fails the motility clean sweeps in small intestine. Migrating motor complex failure. All those papers and cases and data i did research tells me that cdiff can be missed. Specially when its high up in small intestine. I dont know if i have it. But its one of the suspects i have. Is burning intestines a cdiff symptom? I got stings and burning. They did see reactive lymph nodes too. Parasites test negative. Crohn also they say.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”