Pain medication during treatment

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Bel61
New User

Pain medication during treatment

Postby Bel61 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:34 am

I am having such bad intestinal and stomach pain from the dificid that I cannot sleep at night. It is constant and is worse when I lay down. Tylenol does not even touch it. I know pain Med's are not good for the intestines but I may have to try and get some. Maybe for only a few days. Has anyone had to go on pain meds for severe intestinal pain and if so what was the medication and did it help take the edge off?

roy
Administrator

Re: Pain medication during treatment

Postby roy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:50 am

You must ask your Dr that type of question.
Your asking for medical suggestions that could cause you harm.
That type of reaction to Dificid is not normal so a Drs input is required.
If it's worse when you lie down it's probably heartburn but only your Dr can confirm it.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Pain medication during treatment

Postby NanciT » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:08 am

Always call your GI when having abdominal pain or any type of reaction with any new medication.
I can tell you my experience. The first 10 days of Dificid I had no issues. I relapsed and went on a long taper. I found it very difficult to take and had alot of pain, landed in the ER about 2 weeks into it.They did several tests to rule out any complications. I had no options at the time so my GI continued to have me stay on it. In my case, none recommended pain medication.
Make sure to call them especially if it has you up at night, there may be other options for you

I hope things improve soon

NanciT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”