MOVED FROM CASE HISTORIES - FUNCARA

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Bobbie
Administrator

MOVED FROM CASE HISTORIES - FUNCARA

Postby Bobbie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:56 am

Had a knee replacement in May 2017 which got infected. Spent the summer on IV antiobiotics and 6 weeks post summer on oral antibiotics which, I believe, led to my Cdiff. After three rounds of Vanc I insisted on a FMT which I just had 5 Mar 2018. Hoping for the best. I'm not sure how they mixed before the application, but if it doesn't take I will change my gastro as I have never been treated very respectfully. Do most work with gastro or with infectious disease docs?

Thanks,

Cara

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: MOVED FROM CASE HISTORIES - FUNCARA

Postby Bobbie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:25 am

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:49 pm

Cara,

You posted in Case Histories again. If you want answers to questions, post in the other forums.Case Histories are for the one person involved. Please read the first forum about the rules of posting,

Here is your question

Had a knee replacement in May 2017 which got infected. Spent the summer on IV antiobiotics and 6 weeks post summer on oral antibiotics which, I believe, led to my Cdiff. After three rounds of Vanc I insisted on a FMT which I just had 5 Mar 2018. Hoping for the best. I'm not sure how they mixed before the application, but if it doesn't take I will change my gastro as I have never been treated very respectfully. Do most work with gastro or with infectious disease docs?

Thanks,

Cara

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:56 pm

Post by Cara 04-14-2018

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:26 pm

Cara: We don't have exact numbers of how many have a GI dr. vs. an infectious disease dr. manage their C. diff, but both specialties are consulted by many. If I were to guess, I'd say that more see GI drs. However, some GI doctors are more experienced in treating C. diff than others, so it's helpful to find one who is very familiar with it. I had to drop my regular GI dr when I had C. diff because I was getting misinformation from his nurse and almost zero attention from him; I switched to a GI dr. specializing in the infection. I've also met with a couple of infectious disease drs in the several years since then to get their advice on antibiotic-related issues.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”