Prednisone almost 13 weeks out from FMT

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
MrsM25
Regular Contributor

Prednisone almost 13 weeks out from FMT

Postby MrsM25 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:19 pm

Hello all! It’s been a while since I’ve posted. Things have been going pretty well since my initial problems after my FMT at the beginning of January. Proud to say that Friday will be 13 weeks cdiff free! Unfortunately though, I have been sick for over a week now and I went to the doctor yesterday and they told me I have bronchitis. No antibiotics but the doctor wants to put me on a taper of prednisone. He swears that it has no risks with it as far as cdiff goes but I know I’ve read on here that it ups your chance for relapse. Any input on this? Thanks!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Prednisone almost 13 weeks out from FMT

Postby beth22 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:46 pm

My GI told me that steroids do increase your chance to relapse because they lower the immune system. Also, oral prednisone causes GI upset in many people. Is it not possible for you to use a steroid inhaler for your bronchitis? That is what was prescribed to me when I had it before.

MrsM25
Regular Contributor

Re: Prednisone almost 13 weeks out from FMT

Postby MrsM25 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:16 pm

He didn’t say to do that but I have a pro air rescue inhaler, is that what you would use? I haven’t started the steroids because of fear so, I’m just suffering along. I’ve been doing sudafed, mucinex and Flonase.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”