Anxiety worse than cdiff

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Jrditusa
New User

Anxiety worse than cdiff

Postby Jrditusa » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:17 am

Hi.. just a quick follow up..so I am 20days out after 14 days of vancomycin...in that time I have had two isolated incidences of D that corrected themselves quickly after eating questionable foods. I tested positive on day 12 but did not treat and continue to do ok.. having soft (. 5-6 on Bristol scale) bm..1-2 x in the mornings. Does this sound like normal recovery? Even with positive test? (Having a hard time ignoring test).. thanks all just need some quidlines.

Risible
New User

Re: Anxiety worse than cdiff

Postby Risible » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:18 pm

Hi there. I did fairly well on Vancomycin (still had D, but kept the fever/chills away). I was on 4 rounds and got very ill- each time worse than the other- within 2 days of going off or being tapered. Tested positive same week. I can’t imagine testing positive with no symptoms, but that’s fantastic!

Yes! The anxiety is crazy. I’m quite overwhelmed with this- not just being sick, but feeling like everything else is too much to handle (that’s when I call my kids to come over and help me).

I hope for you that this is a false positive and your symptoms remain at bay. :-)

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”