After C-diff

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
jet
Brand New Poster

After C-diff

Postby jet » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:41 pm

I am several weeks out from 2 rounds of antibiotics for C-diff. First treatment was with Vanco and c-diff came back, second treatment was with dificid. When people are talking about taking a while for your gut to come back to normal, what are you talking about exactly? I am having days of severe and I mean severe cramps and soft stools every 20 to 30 minutes for 4 or 5 hours until it finally stops. I can then go several days being fine only to have it happen again. I am trying to watch my diet and taking probiotics, but the more I read the more confused I get as to what to do. Mainly, is this what others are experiencing with the aftermath of C-diff?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: After C-diff

Postby NanciT » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:08 pm

Hello and Welcome to the site Please read the first thread for all new posters

I would say if you are having severe pain and soft stools for hours you need to follow up with your GI.
There are various other issues that can be going on. In my own experience, I had abdominal pain on and off for a very long time Post Dificid taper. It's been 3 years and I still have off days but I had CDIFF for a year and was on Dificid for a long time which believe irritated my gut. I still take VSL#3 and stick to a simple diet. I went through CT's and several stool tests for various things post CDIFF to make sure nothing else was going on.
The best thing is to explain this to GI. Recovery can take time but it's best to rule other things out
Hope you feel better soon
NanciT

jet
Brand New Poster

Postby jet » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:53 pm

Thank you, Nancy. I have called GI doctor and reported. Apparently they are not concerned. Nurse said she would tell him and let me know., she never heard back, both times. Very frustrating. I am seeing my primary doctor on Monday so maybe he will help me. I just want my life back, I am sure many of you understand what I mean.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:40 am

Unfortunately it can be very frustrating. Maybe consider another GI opinion? I had to change 3 times during my CDIFF journey. I had alot of issues and the first two thought I should be "cured" after treatment. It's been a long road. I have never been one to change physicians but when it came to CDIFF there can be a great difference in opinions on treatment and POST Cdiff symptoms.
If you read through the site there are many of us with issues after and most of us went through additional testing to rule other things out. If your GI is not listening to you, see if you can get a second opinion.
NanciT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”