Trehalose and Florastor

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Bennet
Regular User

Trehalose and Florastor

Postby Bennet » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:47 pm

From my web research, Yeast is a natural source of Trehalose. I'm wondering if Florastor contains/produces Trehalose? Trehalose seems to feed C diff (see link). https://www.bcm.edu/news/molecular-viro ... -epidemics

Any thoughts on this?

Florastor definitely did not seem to help me at all. I was taking two pills twice a day for 14 days :-(

Thank you,
Bennet
~Bennet

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Trehalose and Florastor

Postby beth22 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:23 am

Florastor did not agree with me at all. I not only got tons of gas, cramping, and looser stools, but it also gave me a rash. I would call the company and ask them. There should be a number on the box or look them up online.

Bennet
Regular User

Postby Bennet » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:03 am

Beth I emailed Florastor and haven't heard back. I will try and call them :-)
~Bennet

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:42 am

I could not take it either, made me feel terrible. Switched to VSL#3 during CDIFF was taking two and now Post CDIFF take 1/day
NanciT

Bennet
Regular User

Postby Bennet » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:12 pm

Thanks for your reply, Nancy.

I got hold of their medical department and they were very helpful. They assured me there was no Trehalose associated with Florastor. Even though it hasn't helped me, at least I know the stuff wasn't making my C diff worse because of Trehalose.
~Bennet

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”