House cleaning

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Sez123**
Regular User

House cleaning

Postby Sez123** » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:22 am

Hi again

I’ve been reading how bad “anti bacterial”products are and I’m horrified. Especially since c diff I went to but anti bacterial hand washes , ab household cleaning sprays etc only to be now told they’re not good.

Ok so my question is
- What do you recommend I use to wipe down kitchen benches , baby’s high chair etc??

I’ll be getting rid of anything that says Triclosan in it.

To clean door knobs etc? Diluted bleach ok??

I have a germy toddler at home so I do need to clean/disinfect to avoid her passing it onto my newborn and myself :)
Tia

OCmama
Regular Contributor

Re: House cleaning

Postby OCmama » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:39 pm

You can do a 1-10 solution of water and bleach, also on Amazon there are Clorox germicidal wipes that kill C. diff spores. During the infection I would wipe everything down at night after the kids went to bed b/c the smell is strong.

Sez123**
Regular User

Postby Sez123** » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:18 am

thanks hun.
Do you do this for non-infectious cleaning too??
The bleach /water combo I mean

OCmama
Regular Contributor

Postby OCmama » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:43 pm

I don’t bleach nearly as much as I did, but I do still use the bleach wipes on high chairs, changing areas, bathroom, touch points and kitchen counters. Everything else I use soup and water or Meyer’s cleaning spray. How are you doing?? I remember your infection started last November

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”