Liver function eleveted

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Lid49
Regular Contributor

Liver function eleveted

Postby Lid49 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:29 pm

HI this week I had appointment with my pcp, refill med and due for mamogram. He also order blood work cbc and metabolic panel. I told him I have 4 month fmt done. My liver function teast ASTand ALTwere eleveted . Never have problem before. Is this a correlation with cdiff or after cdiff?
Thank you.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Liver function eleveted

Postby beth22 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:57 pm

Some posters have mentioned that. For me, I got elevated pancreatic enzymes.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Liver function eleveted

Postby georgina » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:32 am

If liver enzymes were elevated it would be wise to get a ultrasound done as well. It is possible to have elevated ALT AST after months of Cdiff treatment , but I would still check it out to rule out other causes. I too had elevated liver enzymes during Cdiff but I was also on drugs to treat pulmonary TB and everybody knows that those drugs have very high liver toxicity.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”