Stool frequency/consistency post flagyl, relapse or mend?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
MkeitStp
New User

Stool frequency/consistency post flagyl, relapse or mend?

Postby MkeitStp » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm

I finished my first round of flagyl Feb 26th. I was going 3-4 times a day, never had watery D while on flagyl just..soft sometimes dissolving sometimes not dissolving bms. I seemed to be improving, still fuzzy around the edges but more formed, until 2 days ago when my stool turned into a looser version again but not total water. I still have been averaging 3 times a day. I stuck to a BRAT diet yesterday and saw very little improvement. Today ive gone ONCE, which I hat to collect in a hat for another pcr panel. And it was soft but formed. I'm wondering if I jumped to quick yo grt another pcr done if this is part of healing or if the cdiff never totally went away and I'm relapsing. I've got the bloated/pressure feeling that's coming and going but instead of just under my right rib cage it seems to be all over more like gas. My doctor called in a prescription for vanco but I havent picked it up yet. I wanted to wait for my results. What was your relapse like or hoe has your recovery been? I feel like I'm letting my anxiety jump to conclusions especially being that ive only had one bm today which would be improvement. But ive also read some have had constipation eith cdiff which scares me!

roy
Administrator

Re: Stool frequency/consistency post flagyl, relapse or mend?

Postby roy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:25 am

Regardless of the test result I would not be starting another round of meds if my symptoms were improving.
The key part of diagnosis is the symptoms and not to read the test alone.
An expert would not agree that constipation and c.diff can be in the same sentence unless you have SERIOUS life threatening complications and then it's very obvious!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”