Vanco Impact on Stool?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
eapax3
Brand New Poster

Vanco Impact on Stool?

Postby eapax3 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:55 pm

I am new to this site. I appreciate all of the info. My wife (80 yearsold) became infected with C.diff last august (2017) in hospital Three different antibiotic treatments (including difficid) were unsuccessful as were three fecal transplants. Currently, she has been infused with bezlotoxumab (zinplava) and at the same time a vanco drawdown was started beginning with 2000mg. Things seem to be going well after 4 weeks and she is now down to 250mg. a day. My question concerns the stools which are now a medium brown with very little smell but they have no shape (5-6 on the Bristol stool chart) Visits to the toilet are still very urgent and we are often not quick enough. Does vanco by itself produce this effect without C.diff being present? or will things slowly return to the old "normal" which most of us enjoy. Tests on my wife have shown that she has only a very low natural resistance to C.diff.
Many thanks for your help.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”