Post Dificid - Tested Negative - Remain Bloated

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
mrzephyr
Brand New Poster

Post Dificid - Tested Negative - Remain Bloated

Postby mrzephyr » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:59 pm

Hi Everyone,
Though I’m still suffering, glad to know I’m not alone and have a place to discuss my C Diff experience.
My bloating began in Nov 2017. Saw my PC doctor. Had me do stool testing for Ova parasites. Everything came back negative. Was put on Flagyl. I was “better” in a week. A month later, the bloating returned. PC doc put me on Flagyl again. Got “better.” Then in a week the bloating/pain returned. Was referred to a Gastro doc. Had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done. Everything looked good. Except I tested Positive for C Diff. GI doc put me on Vancomycin. Got “better.” Then a week later got sick yet again and the bloating pain. I tested C Diff Positive yet again. GI doc put me on Dificid for 10 days. Afterwards I tested Negative for C Diff. In a few days I felt absolutely wonderful. I was on top of the world. Then a few days later once again the bloating pain returned. Called both my PC and GI docs. They sent me to the lab for complete blood panel testing. Everything came out healthy and “normal.” So both docs said post Dificid most likely killed the bad and good bacteria in me. GI doc put me on “Align” Probiotic (#1 recommended by GI docs). In 2 days I felt great. Bloating gone. On the mend. Then today, boom...once again, bloating pain. Both PC and GI docs said they’re not surprised it will take time for my digestive system to be normal again. The thing is now I wonder if I’ll ever get over the on again off again bloating pain and feeling weak/sick. I’m eating good recommended foods for my digestion. But I feel like I’m losing recovery hope. Any others sharing my experience or have encouraging words? Thanks much.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Post Dificid - Tested Negative - Remain Bloated

Postby beth22 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:28 am

Have you been tested for SIBO with a breath test? One of the main symptoms is bloating.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”