Recurrence or post infection issues??

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
dallase1
New User

Recurrence or post infection issues??

Postby dallase1 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:02 am

So I have been having an extreme reaction to certain foods. I get sick, have stomach gurgling, and some cramps when I eat any sort of uncooked vegetable. Especially any sort of lettuce or cheese. Also grits. I feel generally tired and nauseous a lot of the day. What is this from? I tested negative for C diff but still feel lousy. I could use someone’s experience.. thanks

Trpro
New User

Re: Recurrence or post infection issues??

Postby Trpro » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:51 am

How long since your treatment? I myself am still having daily diarrhea three weeks after Vancomycin. I was just told that the stool sample I had tested yesterday is negative for c diff. I’ve decided to do what others have done and eat only plain rice and skinless grilled chicken breast for the next three weeks. It’s gonna kill me because I’m a coffee addict who needs at least a morning cup to get my day started!

MkeitStp
New User

Postby MkeitStp » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:39 pm

I was told to totally avoid dairy as cdiff can cause lactose intolerance. Also for some avoiding gluten. I am currently waiting for my pcr panel results from today. I just finished my first round of flagyl on the 26th of Feb. But still going an average of 3 times a day still mush. I just started getting gurgling, bloated feeling in my side and back. But surprisingly only made 1 trip to the restroom so far today. I'm supposed to start vanco but havent picked it up yet. Also post-ibs is common too.

linnyg
Contributor

Postby linnyg » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:37 am

Im almost a year out from FMT after suffering from c diff for almost 8 months. It took many many months for me to be able to eat salad, and some dairy without having major issues. I still cannot tolerate raw veggies, unless it is like a shaved carrot in a salad. C diff can cause lots of issues with foods. Try to eat bland foods for a while. Also, digestive enzymes helped me a lot.

Rosie93
New User

Postby Rosie93 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:17 pm

I had relentless Post Infection IBS for about a year after my FMT. The doctor said antibiotics and cdiff can cause nerve damage, ultimately lowering our pain tolerance. He advised I take a low dose antidepressant to help. I've been on the medication for 9 months and am having normal bowel movements. Most of the IBS has settled down. I feel like I am basically back to normal; the medication has done wonders. This may be something to consider if your PI-IBS is really affecting your life and does not seem to be improving.

shooten
Regular User

Postby shooten » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:30 pm

It seems like some people are left with SIBO after this which a lot of doctors misdiagnosed as IBS. Might be worth checking it out.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:43 am

Careful with leafy greens , there are very hard to digest , some people here couldn't eat a salad for years without getting sick.

Terpa
Regular User

Postby Terpa » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:14 am

So Dallase1 did u end up finding out for sure if the you know what is back? I’m having some scary synptoms myself and I’m try to calm down. I’ve been recovered for almost 3 months...and this fear of getting it again feels like it has taken over my life. I worry about it almost daily. I’ve already made an appt with my pcp to get some anxiety meds.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”