Is Singulair safe to take in recovery?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
MrsM25
Regular Contributor

Is Singulair safe to take in recovery?

Postby MrsM25 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:10 pm

I am 7 weeks out from my FMT tomorrow. All is going surprisingly well right now but I saw my pcp today and he believes I am suffering from a mast cell disorder. He prescribed me Singulair to take once a day. He told me it is fine to take with my history or c diff but I didn’t see much on here about it. Does anyone have experience with Singulair? Is it safe to take daily? Thanks!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Is Singulair safe to take in recovery?

Postby georgina » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:46 am

If I am not mistaking , Singulair is a drug made to treat asthma. I do not think that it will put you at risk for a relapse but it can give you D as one of it's side effects.

MrsM25
Regular Contributor

Postby MrsM25 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:50 am

My doctor told me he wants me to take it together with Claritin for mast cell disorder. He swore it wouldn’t cause relapse but I’m scared of anything I put into my body at this point.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:14 am

" All is going surprisingly well right now"
Why go to a Dr then!
If it's not broke why try and fix it?

AnxiousJ
Regular Contributor

Postby AnxiousJ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:09 am

I believe AmyC has dealt with mass cell disorder. You may want to try and pm her. She sounds pretty well versed on it.

MrsM25
Regular Contributor

Postby MrsM25 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:21 am

I mean all is going well on the pooping side of things if you want to get specific. If you recall, I was having tons of problems in the beginning after my FMT so this is “surprisingly well” for me. Although pooping is good, I still have been suffering from lots of mucus when I go and I’ve been breaking out in to an itchy rash. Now for the past week I’ve been suffering from breathing issues which is what prompted me to go to the primary doctor. He thinks it’s a mast cell disorder causing me to have an allergic reaction. I had already started taking Claritin once a day and it was helping a bit with the rashes and the mucus but he put me on Singulair because he thinks it will help with my breathing problems. I had a cable guy come to my house yesterday and he smelled terribly of cigarette smoke and my throat tightened up. I never had issues like this before. He also gave me Ativan because when I can’t breath I kind of panic and it makes it worse. So, that’s what prompted the dr visit, not the actual cdiff. I just wanted to know if Singulair is ok to take since I’m 7 weeks into recovery. My doc actually wants me to take Singulair and Claritin together for the mast cell issue.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”