know your poo!

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
roy
Administrator

know your poo!

Postby roy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:17 pm

A usefully new website is knowyourpoo.com.
It's a professional site to educate Drs and nurses about c.diff.
MOST important is that it makes it clear that a stool test is not to be done unless the patient has clinical signs that they have c.diff as a disease. "treat the poo not c.diff" is a very good quote from the site, in other words, if there's no D there's no disease so don't try to treat it.
Drs should recognise the symptoms first before relying on tests.
Many recent posters are being diagnosed with c.diff and do not have clinical symptoms.
If the guidelines had been followed many posters would not have been (mis)diagnosed and treated.

www.knowyourpoo.com

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: know your poo!

Postby beth22 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:10 pm

Roy has a point. I'm one of those people. My former GI treated me with 250mg vanco 4 x per day when I was not having much D, only M and some bleeding. I wish I had tried probiotics alone first, but hindsight is always 20/20.

abroad
New User

Re: know your poo!

Postby abroad » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:29 pm

You have to ask why the people that got diagnosed with c difficile went to the doctors. It is because they were in distress due to symptoms. Are some people getting diagnosed without getting their stool tested first? My doctor in the hospital would not give me anything until the results came back. I obviously had bad symptoms. But they did not start out that way. Bleeding is not good even when you feel like your diarrhea is not that severe, it can turn very ugly, very fast. I would rather be safe that sorry and just ask for a stool test. In fact, when it all started for me, I stopped antibiotics, and started a regimen of probiotics. It didn't do anything, within 8 days I was hospitalized, because i did not warn my doc sooner. I wanted to take the "milder" road first and cure myself. Bad move in my case.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”