Ibs post cdiff

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Medena
Contributor

Ibs post cdiff

Postby Medena » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:19 am

Hi everyone,

Has anyone experienced occasional blood in stool and abdominal pain post cdiff?

Thanks

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Ibs post cdiff

Postby NanciT » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:55 pm

Post ibs can cause abdominal pain but always check with your GI, there are also medications that can help. I used Levsin on and off, still do. As far as blood, always get it checked just to be on the safe side. I went through alot of testing post CDIFF due to abdominal pain and I also did have blood which turned out to be a fissure cause from having CDIFF.

NanciT

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:00 pm

Always tell your Dr if you pass blood, it's never "normal" and should not be ignored.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:37 pm

I've had IBS off and on for years after several long bouts of C.diff. As NanciT said, try Levsin. It is an antispasmodic that can provide relief. Another is Bentyl (Dicyclomine). Some have good luck with one - others have luck with the other.

The thing that helps me the most if a heating pad on the stomach while curled up on the left side in a fetal position. Try it - no side effects and it is free. Be sure pad has shut off valve and use it on low to medium.

Best of luck.

Medena
Contributor

Postby Medena » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:25 pm

I had colonoscopy to check the blood issue - the dr found two small cuts in the colon and he said that will heal by itself. The problem is it would stop but then about two weeks later the blood will come back. Im guessing it happens when i eat something harder that irritates the area. The colon is generally irritated, but no pathogen.
So annoying since i never had any digestive issues prior to this damn cdiff and now i cant seem to recover!
Im guessing cdidd and antibiotics did their damage.
I also can't eat what i want and i get nauseous prior to blood episode.
It it a horror movie.
Im so fed up, anxious and depressed.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”