New Medicine

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Lshutt
Brand New Poster

New Medicine

Postby Lshutt » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:48 pm

Hi Everyone!
I had c diff on and off for about 3 years now and I had received my fecal transplant in December 2017. I feel great so far! I had just went to two doctors appointments yesterday (Dermatologist & Gynecologist). I am trying to get in touch with my GI before I take any medicine I had received, but does anyone know if Erythromycin face wipes and taking tindamax is alright even though I am only a few months post transplant? I know tindamax is on the side of not getting c diff but I am terrified of taking anything anymore if it means I have to start back at square one and as for the face wipes I'm just nervous because my GI told me people can get C diff from eye drops. And instead of taking VSL3 does anyone have any recommendations on good probiotics for young women? Thanks so much for the help!

Mindy
Regular User

Re: New Medicine

Postby Mindy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:09 am

I am not sure in the medications, and I hope all continues to go well. I have not been faced with antibiotics yet since my fmt in June 2015. I dread the day. Anyway, I have taken many probiotics, but my main regular is Dr. Formulated Once Daily Women's for vaginal, digestive and immune support. It's 50 billion, and I get the shelf stable. It's by Garden of Life. Best so far for me. I take a florastor daily, and eat fermented pickles and kraut daily. Hope this helps.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”