Itchy hives? Food allergies? Mast cell disorder?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
MrsM25
Regular Contributor

Itchy hives? Food allergies? Mast cell disorder?

Postby MrsM25 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:35 pm

I’m 5 weeks out from my FMT and for the last several weeks I’ve been dealing with these itchy spots that come and go. It will be one tiny red, raised bump that pops up randomly. I put some Benadryl cream on them and they are gone in a day or two but then new ones pop up. I will say again how itchy they are! I’ve always had some minor eczema issues before cdiff but nothing crazy. This has only started after being off vanco and having my FMT. I’ve dealt with food intolerances and a lot of PI-IBS issues since my FMT but I’m slowly adding things and I use benefiber which helps keep my movements formed. So, has anyone else dealt with similar issues? I can’t tell if it’s my body reacting to the FMT or new food intolerances? I’ve also seen people deal with mast cell disorders after cdiff so I’m wondering if this could be an issue? I’m thinking of trying to take a Claritin to see if it helps with my skin issues. I have an appointment scheduled with a new GI on Tuesday. The doctor who I see normally and who did my FMT is a colon and rectal surgeon so he referred me to a regular GI to get tested for SIBO.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”