Positive again...

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Bryan30
New User

Positive again...

Postby Bryan30 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:27 pm

Folks,
So I have been dealing with this party for more than a year. I am still dealing with loose stool (not watery diarrhea). The pain is in my upper left stomach, left shoulder blade... sometimes I feel it in my right shoulder blade. The dr sent me for testing. I tested positive for Toxins A and Toxins B. They want to treat me with a fecal transplant. I have muddy stools most of the time, but sometimes I am constipated. I have also dealt with flat stool/pencil shaped stools for a bit. I had a colonoscopy last year and know that it is fine. When positive for Toxin A and Toxin B with symptoms you treat right? I have had every other test possible that is negative. Dr says is Toxins are present with pain to treat it. I am worn out.

Bryan

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Re: Positive again...

Postby Lid49 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:00 pm

Hi, did you take deficid before? Or maybe a deficid taper there is info regarding taper deficid on the web. I know for a cdiff positive in order to treat is D 3 times a day , nausia etc, it is up to you, my Pcr is positive but antigen was negative, and I had 2 fmt. I do not jump treating no D . But again you know better your pain and symptoms. Are you loosing weight ?
Lidia

Jeffrey
Brand New Poster

Postby Jeffrey » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:27 pm

Hi Bryan,

I’m new here but I’m in the same position as you with no D but a positive test. I’m seeing doctors tomorrow and will let you know if they’re willing to treat me.

OCmama
Regular Contributor

Postby OCmama » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:50 pm

I would try Dificid then FMT, my family with exception of my husband did not have classic water D, but tons of mucus and blood.

I am praying for you, so sorry you are going through this!!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”