Another infection

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Another infection

Postby beth22 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:50 am

Doctors are not supposed to treat on just test results, but on symptoms too. I tested positive after having taken antibiotics in the hospital. I had a few days of D, but by the time my test came back positive, the D was gone and the doctor said not to treat. I didn't. I only had used Pepto Bismol. I tested later on and my tests by PCR kept coming out positive. The hospital now sends positive PCR tests for EIA testing and those were negative for me. I was glad I had not treated.

Sometimes your body will just fight off the c difficile and treatment can actually set you back. Sometimes waiting is not good if symptoms keep getting worse, but yours sound as if they have improved. It may not be c difficile. See how you are tomorrow and if you are still having problems call your doctor, but don't start taking Flagyl without talking to him or her first.

Sez123**
Regular User

Re: Another infection

Postby Sez123** » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:36 am

my dr said not to treat based on diarrhoea but based on evidence of c diff ie a positive result

It’s so confusing as it sounds like a positive result equals treatment here, irrespective of symptoms

Anyhow he told me to wait and see if improved.

Definately didn’t take flagyl. Just persisting with S boulardii and other probiotics

Thank you everyone. Hardest part of c diff is waiting but seems it’s a crucial part to not over treat this condition.

Here’s hoping nothing develops

Take care my new friends xxxx

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”