Antibiotics

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Medena
Contributor

Antibiotics

Postby Medena » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:01 pm

Hi,

I want to ask if there is anything that I can do to lower my chances of getting cdiff again if I should have to take antibiotics again for some infection?
I know it should be as narrow spectrum antibiotics as possible which means do a culture swab, and taiking probiotics with antibiotics.... is there anything else you can recommend?
How many of you have taken antibiotics after you had cdiff in your past, and haven't got cdiff again? Just wondering if having cdiff once means any time antibiotics will be needed, cdiff attacks again..?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Antibiotics

Postby beth22 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:58 pm

My mother has taken antibiotics after c difficile without a relapse. She has taken a probiotic daily ever since c difficile though and I think it has helped her.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”