Trouble breathing?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
YoungFn
New User

Trouble breathing?

Postby YoungFn » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:11 pm

I was wondering if you guys experienced this while taking flagyl? I have been having trouble breathing the last couple days i couldn’t even walk far without being out of breath and it was worse last night and I went in to the ER and they said my lungs sounded fine and my BP was a little high but went down and my heart rate was fast but went down. They didn’t run any tests because they said I was fine. Anyone else feel this way when they took flagyl ? I only have about 5 days left to take it and idk if I should tell my PC doctor about it or just let t ride until I’m done with the meds?

Mindy
Regular User

Re: Trouble breathing?

Postby Mindy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:54 pm

I will never take Flagyl again. It made me have heart palpitations, shakes. I felt weak, like I was going to pass out. It took a while after stopping it to feel better.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:54 am

I too had that while on FLagyl for me it was the drug from hell , had the worst time of my life and It made me sicker then Cdiff. Had suffocation , increased anxiety , palpitation , extreme nausea and vomiting , D wasn't resolving ... and more. After I got switched to Vanco everything settled , it was like a night and day difference.

amg
Regular Contributor

Postby amg » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:45 pm

Shortness of breath is a serious symptom, and you should not just "let it ride". Please talk to your doctor ASAP.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”