Hi! New here! Pain on last day of Flagyl

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
allijm
Brand New Poster

Hi! New here! Pain on last day of Flagyl

Postby allijm » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi all! I have recently been diagnosed with C. diff. I am on my last day of Flagyl and the pain and cramping is back! I've had a pretty okay time on flagyl so far with no pain or major side effects. However, I woke up today and it's as bad as ever. I'm hoping the antibiotics worked, and I'm nervous because it is the last day. Below I'm going to write a little bit of background on my story:

I am a 20 year old female, in september 2017 I had to go to the hospital because of extreme pain in my stomach/intestinal area and a large buldge in my lower abdomen. No doctors could figure it out, they just wrote it off as some type of virus. For the next 4 months I suffered on and off pain, usually brought about stress. I am a college student, so I'm stressed often. My dad has Crohn's Disease, which is genetically heritable so I was beginning to think it was the start of my symptoms. I made an appointment with a GI and he decided to run a stool test. The results came back that I was positive for C.diff, and I've been on Flagyl for the past 2 weeks. As stated above, I'm scared that the antibiotics may not have worked, or that maybe these are also symptoms of Crohns. Not sure where to go from here, my follow up appointment with my GI isn't for another month. Thank you for reading

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Hi! New here! Pain on last day of Flagyl

Postby NanciT » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:54 pm

Hello and Welcome to the site Please read the first thread for all new posters

If you complete the Flagyl and symptoms return, call your GI and ask to come in sooner. It can take time to heal but in your case your initial issues went without a specific diagnosis before CDIFF. It sounds like you are also concerned about family history and the issue you had before CDIFF. I would not wait a month if any of your symptoms continue.

Sorry you had to find us, hope you feel better soon
NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Hi! New here! Pain on last day of Flagyl

Postby georgina » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:54 am

A calprotectin test would help diagnose Crohn , is a stool test , very easy to do and is a alternative to the painful colonoscopy.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”