To Beth

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Bobbie
Administrator

To Beth

Postby Bobbie » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:41 pm

Our sympathy on the loss of your aunt from "the flu" (not c diff)"

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: To Beth

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:48 pm

So sorry for your loss, Beth. This year's flu strain is proving to be quite dangerous. My prayers to you and your family.

AnxiousJ
Regular Contributor

Postby AnxiousJ » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:37 pm

Oh, I am so very sorry for your loss. My 5th grade daughter has Infuenza A it right now.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:55 pm

Beth

I am so sorry about your Aunt, thoughts going to you and your family....

Very scary Flu season this year

NanciT

nickii52
Contributor

Postby nickii52 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:55 pm

Prayers going out to you and your family

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:20 pm

I didn't see the initial post about this but am seeing this thread. Very sorry for your loss.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:00 am

Very sorry for your loss Beth :((
{{hugs}}

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:45 am

She's my husband's cousin, not my aunt, although she was the same age as my aunt (who died 3 years ago). She had her flu shot, but she got Influenza B - the same one that put me into the hospital with neutropenia in 2016. We saw her on Christmas and she was fine, got this flu and one week later was gone. The hospital where her doctor is did not have any room because the city is overrun with influenza cases and so she had to go to another hospital with a doctor who did not know her. I don't know if the outcome would have been any different, but one can only wonder.

Just hoping that I don't catch anything. Students are coming to school sick and there is not much I can do about it. I can't get a flu shot because after the flu in 2016 I got some form of guillain barre and can't get it. Have Tamiflu in my cupboard though.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Our cousin was a very loving woman, who helped people all her life and will be missed. Her husband has Parkinson's and has his own challenges. She was very religious, as is he, and I am sure that this brings some comfort. I'm still in shock from the news. It's one thing when a person is old and you are expecting it, but this was so fast....

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:34 pm

I can't understand how a school administration could allow students to attend classes while ill, exposing everyone else. Seems both unconscionable and stupid. I hope the teachers and staff can exert some leverage -- request the admin to enforce a policy of staying home if you're sick. Wouldn't that serve to put them on notice that if others are infected they (admin) will be held accountable?
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:19 am

They don't enforce anything. When I got whooping cough in 2014 from a student, they did nothing, but the heath department called me because my doctor had to report it and I told them where I got it and that more than one student had it, but did not inform the school. I know the health department contacted the school and I suppose they weren't too pleased. If the student looks feverish, I will contact the school nurse. Maybe she can send them home.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”