Ladies...IBS flare around period?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Amb66
New User

Ladies...IBS flare around period?

Postby Amb66 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:32 pm

Hello all! I once again find myself reaching out to you lovely people, hopefully with nothing more than an overactive mind. After relapsing back at the beginning of December I immediately started a second round of vanco and wow I never felt so great. My bms we’re back to normal- we’ll a new normal but still manageable! I was feeling amazing. Fast forward to this week and I’m having more bms and at times D. However this is my first time I’m on my cycle since C Diff (it has been all messed up) but I was wondering if hormones could be playing a role? Yesterday my bms were great. Today sometimes iffy and I’m very gassy (sorry TMI). Any thoughts would be great! I’m a little over 3 weeks post vanco so I know timeframe wise this is when I relapsed but I don’t have the aches and nausea like I did last time. Thank you so much!! Wouldn’t know what to do without you : )

Musings
Regular Contributor

Re: Ladies...IBS flare around period?

Postby Musings » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:34 pm

Even for women without IBS, it is very normal to have bowel issues associated with their periods. Stick to the 3-Day Rule but sounds like there is a very solid chance that your current issues are tied to your cycle.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:58 am

Yes , period affects your GI tract. I always had D around my period even before I got CDiff , after Cdiff it was worse.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:48 pm

Common. See second to last forum in CDI.

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:48 pm

I have IBS every day and I don't even get periods anymore (I'm old). However, I can imagine that having both menstral cramps and IBS at the same time would be VERY uncomfortable.
Anne

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”