flu shot and c-diff

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
aja
Brand New Poster

flu shot and c-diff

Postby aja » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:29 am

I have a history of cdiff and seems like each time I have had it its more virulent. In 2013 I rec'd a flu shot ,I had finished antibiotics for sinus infection. 3 weeks later wound up in hospital for c-diff. My Dr. said no more antibiotics unless absolutely necessary. One year passes without taking antibiotics ,flu shot time 2014 , 3 weeks later admitted to hospital with severe cdiff. I have skipped the flu shot for 3 years now and no cdiff. also no flu. Anyone else have this experience ?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: flu shot and c-diff

Postby NanciT » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi Welcome to the site Please read the first thread for all new posters

I have not heard of the flu vaccine causing any risk for CDIFF. There are no indications in the drug insert. I get the Flu vaccine each year but work in a high risk area, I cannot work without it.
I have also not heard of a relapse post Flu Vaccine. Currently the Flu has a great deal of Hospital's full and patients of all ages are at risk.

Talk with your GI or ID about it

NanciT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”