YEAST INFECTION - WOMEN

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
okaylo
Regular Contributor

YEAST INFECTION - WOMEN

Postby okaylo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:16 pm

Went to the gynecologist today after recovering from a UTI and still having additional gynecological problems. She said from her exam that it appears to be a mild yeast infection (outside only) and to try using Monistat topical cream for a few days and see if any relief was provided. She said I could wait it out and see if things improved on their own but she would recommend the topical cream if needed as opposed to a tablet/pill as that is absorbed systemically. She said the topical cream stays locally put and shouldn't cause any problems. The last time I had a suspected yeast infection I consulted with my GI and he said that antifungals were safe as they affected fungus and not bacteria and are not an antibiotic. She also did a culture to be sent off to check for everything else internally.

I don't understand why this keeps happening, I didn't think a 3 day course of Macrobid would cause a yeast infection. I guess it could possibly be from washing/wiping and urinating so many times from the UTI etc.

Has anyone had luck with Monistat? Thoughts?

Ismaila
Regular Contributor

Re: YEAST INFECTION - WOMEN

Postby Ismaila » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:40 pm

Monistat should be very effective. When you say 'topical', you mean 'ovules', right? You are supposed to put it inside. There are three kinds: one day, 3 days , or seven days.

Go to their website, it is extremely informative, with much advice and suggestions, and explanations.

Ismaila

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:31 pm

For myself, yeast was common after CDIFF and ALL the treatment I had. Infect, nearly 3 years and I still have it coming back. The cream works well, I have had to take the antifungals( Diflucan) on and off which works well.
The short term antibiotic may have triggered the yeast. Wish I had some advice on how to keep it away.

It's very individual and can take time for some of us

NanciT

okaylo
Regular Contributor

Postby okaylo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:38 pm

Ismaila, she said topical as in just a cream for the outside where it is irritated and that nothing needs to go inside or be used as a suppository. I have called in to see exactly which one she means for me to get.

NanciT, I'm sorry you've continued to suffer with these issues long term. I don't know if the short term antibiotic is involved or not as she said it's irritated on the outside. I'm assuming that the ongoing bathroom trips / constant wiping during and after UTI, and repeated washing have all contributed... And you're right. It is very individual and is just a case by case basis. I'm continuing with the probiotics. She said it appeared to be an extremely mild yeast infection and that I could wait a few days and see if it cleared up on his own. My system is just so out of whack since all this has begun.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”