happy new year + short post vanco report

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.

happy new year + short post vanco report

Postby posta » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:18 pm

dear all,

this is just to wish you all happy new year, hope it brings us all great health and good spirit.

i wouldn't be able to go through past 4 weeks without the support of this forum and dear, kind people who found time to reply to my posts and help me with my questions, fears, concerns... thank you all!
i finished my vanco (first round, 14 days, 4x250 mg) on december 20th and since then i have been taking it slowly, day by day.
i am on probiotic+prebiotic + boulardii (which is florastor in the western markets... i am from eastern europe), drink 2 glasses of kefir daily, eat miso soup daily, coconut oil and manuka honey. i started omega 3/6 pills few days ago and that's about everything i think i can deal with right now when it comes to supplements.
i cut out sugar (except that 2-3 teaspoons of manuka), eat mostly chicken, steamed vegetables, eggs, started to introduce some stronger food, but i am hesitant. stool is formed, no D, but i do have some occasional cramping and definitely have my BMs much more frequent then before cdiff.
my doctor told me it takes at least 20 days to make some assumptions regarding the outcome, so i am counting my days even though i am aware that people been relapsing for months after finishing round of meds.
in any case, it means a lot knowing there are some people i can turn to for advice and help so thank you all for being there for me.
let us hope that by the end of 2018. we will be c diff free and that all these hard and heavy experiences will be far behind us.

have a great year, xx

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: happy new year + short post vanco report

Postby Ril » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:24 pm

That sounds good Posta.
I just caution you not to overdue with pre and probiotics because that can cause disruptions to stool as well.
Movements may take on a “new normal” for a long time. Everything sounds like typical recovery.
Just remember to add new foods slowly and one at a time so you can tell what you are reacting to if you have a problem and best of luck.

Rita

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”