Mouth sores and New Years

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
CTK
New User

Mouth sores and New Years

Postby CTK » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:47 am

Happy New Year!

I have been off of vanco for over 35 days and gradually getting better but being very slow and cautious about introducing foods. But this last holiday week I was being more adventurous because I made it to Christmas in OK shape - so I started a few days ago trying bits of cheese and bread or pasta (with gluten) and some tiny bits of chocolate (party food). I didn't get any D but getting gassy and feeling tweeks in my gut. And just the other day started with sores on the roof of my mouth along with a slight runny nose and the dark rings around my eyes are getting a little worse.

Stayed home for New Years - will see my naturopath or a doctor Tuesday if I don't get better. Just tonight started having the flu-like feelings from when I had C-Diff. Hope this is just a temporary set- back (IBS?) I'm taking Bio-K + capsules/strong - thinking of doing a second dose to see if that helps. I read that IBS or Crohns have mouth sores. Anyone have similar experiences?

Thanks for being here...I'm listening to the New Year's Leonard Bernstein special as they sing Old Lang Syn and wishing that 2018 will be a year of health and healing for all.
Cheryl

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Mouth sores and New Years

Postby beth22 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:49 pm

I've had mouth sores with viruses. If you have a runny nose, it could be some type of viral illness.

CTK
New User

Postby CTK » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:15 am

Thank you Beth for sharing!
I saw my naturopath today and she thinks it is a reaction to all the "new" food I'd been eating the past few holiday days (including gluten, dairy, chips, etc.) My immune system just wasn't ready for it all. So, no more gluten or dairy for a while. Hope that does the trick. I'm also gargling with probiotics to help the sores. I've been using probiotics in my sinus rinse, too (empty half the capsule in the sinus rinse bottle and gargle with the rest). That's been helping with my sinuses.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:17 am

I am not sure that probiotic that are intended to be swallowed would be safe to use as a sinus rinse.
They are bacteria and you are introducing them to a place where they are not supposed to reside.
most bacteria is not a disease unless it gets where it's not supposed to be!
what your doing could be dangerous!
If you got probiotic into your lungs it could set up a fatal infection or alergic reaction!
I am not a Dr but please get professional advice.

CTK
New User

Postby CTK » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:19 pm

Thank you for your caution. I was doing this at the advice of a naturopath but I will look into this more. I don't recommend that any one else try it at this point.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”