Questions about vitamin levels

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Kristin
Regular User

Questions about vitamin levels

Postby Kristin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:42 am

After a 5 month struggle with cdiff I can finally say I think I'm officially free of it. I am now 3.5 months post treatment (a vanco taper is finally what did the trick) and feeling great as far as solid bowels go and stomach pain. I also am back to eating pretty much whatever and no real issues there.

The problem I've been having since my last dose 3.5 months ago has been exhaustion. I feel like I just cannot get enough sleep and I'm not sure if this is because I have a 7 month old or because my body is still recovering from birth, a uterine infection, cdiff, mastitis, cdiff, and then cdiff a 3rd time. I feel like my body has been depleted of all good things. I notice I bruise more easily now (although they do heal rather quickly) and just feel drained sometimes. Could this be vitamin and mineral related? Have any of you gone and gotten your vitamin levels checked and realized that was the cause of your tiredness? Could I just go back to my infectious disease doc and get that done? How expensive is it with insurance?

Any experience on this info. Would be helpful!

Kristin
Regular User

Re: Questions about vitamin levels

Postby Kristin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:54 am

Also: I am taking prenatal vitamins still and I'm still breastfeeding.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Questions about vitamin levels

Postby beth22 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:40 am

Many of us had vitamin deficiencies, myself included. I was low on D and A. Some people are low on iron, B12, B6, Folic acid, calcium. A few had low potassium, but that seemed to be with D. I would ask to have your iron levels checked and B12 and D for sure. Outside labs like Quest are usually cheaper than a hospital lab. Ask your insurance which labs are under the plan and use them. My doctor just wrote out a Rx for the tests and I could choose the lab I wanted.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”