Where do I even begin.

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Ca5per03
Regular User

Where do I even begin.

Postby Ca5per03 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:41 pm

I gave a sample yesterday an it came back positive this morning. They percribed Flagyl, I refused that (had to switch to vancomycin on day 9 cause I wasn't doing well) and them to give me vancomycin, this is my second round of vancomycin, they said I will be on a pluse/taper this time around. I just took my fist pill of a 14 day course. I was having constipation than I be able to have a bm the next day, but the 4 days prior to this last test was having 2-4 mush a day. I did have tests done 5 days after meds, 10 days after meds and than 16 days after stopping vanco, all were negative, I'm 3 days shy of 1 month since the last negative test, and January 10th would have been 2 months since my last dose.

Did I do something worng? Did I not clean enough? Thank whoever is above no one in my family has caught it! I will be going though my house with bleach.

Thank you eveyone!
30, female
C-diff positive 10/19 tested negative 11/26

Re: Where do I even begin.

Postby posta » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:33 pm

i am so sorry! you gave me such beautiful hope few days ago, you replied to one of my posts saying you have been cured and it was so promising.
i can only imagine how you feel. i finished my first round of 14-days vanco just few days ago and even though i feel ok right now )apart from contstant anxiety and strange, dull feeeling in my stomach), i cant help but thinking about stupid, freaking relapse possibility. what you wrote is what drives me mad the most as well - the fact that we cant know will it kick back again and that all and everything that we can do might not be enough to prevent relapse.
still, some words of encouragement would be more appropriate now - good thing is that you actually felt good for almost two months, means you can kill it, you just need some more time (and more meds). vanco is good and that taper-pulse method seems to be working for quite a lot of people. just take it day by day and dont give up all the good rituals and changes you have made in your life, be it way you take care of yourself, that way you prepare and eat food, positive thinking and everything else.
it can be cured and we can beat it.
looking forward to hearing some good news from you soon, take care, x

Postby posta » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:01 pm

btw, did you have the symptoms back?
sorry if this is the stupid question, i am asking it cause you said you tested positive, but not mentioned symptoms like D or cramps.... my doc told me there is no point in testing even six months after round of meds as cdiff might appear positive and that the only reliable sign it returned is ugly symptoms.
not sure i am helping, but i just wanted to understand better your situation.

Ca5per03
Regular User

Postby Ca5per03 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:01 pm

Thank you, I think now I'm on medication and seeing a counselor for anxiety had put me in a better spot this time around. I'm just so glad I know my body and asked for that test yesterday. I'm thankful for this forum and the amazing people who have brought souch great info on this horrible beast. Like you said. I've got this. I no know what vanco does to me, I know what I need to eat. I'm going to up my probiotic again and take it day by day and hope for the best I hope!!

I hope you the best and that you kicked this!! Sending love!!
30, female

Ca5per03
Regular User

Postby Ca5per03 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:07 pm

I had some cramps, and felling I'll in the mornings and sleeping more, I normally can't sleep during the day and I had been I was also having noises in my intestines, but no smell. But.....eevn the first time I tested for it I wasn't having pains, I got more body pains while on the medication. I was having mush even I went. They said the likelihood hood of a false positive was less than a false negative.

I'm planing on taking the medication though the holidays and re assing things.
30, female

Postby posta » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:24 pm

i truly believe we can sense our bodies well and i am sure you can tell if something were not working the right way. symptoms are definitely individual, i read here so many different experiences. its great you started meds right away, its good you are positive and i am keeping fingers crossed it goes exactly the way we all want it and that is - killing the bloody thing of.
this forum is really huge support and blessing for us all.
take care and keep us posted, i root for you with all my heart.

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:25 pm

Hi, two of my relapses were about a month after stopping meds. I felt completely fine, no food intolerances, no D, everything normal, and then just suddenly developed cramping and rapid active C Diff symptoms both times. Most likely you had remaining spores and did not reestablish enough good bacteria to keep them in check as they returned to an active state. Relapse occurs due to a continued state of dysbiosis. "The treatment is the cause" is a statement I heard from a doctor on a video on here once. And it's so true. The relapse cycle can just be hard to pull out of, and there is no sure way to do it other than FMT. But, the Vanco taper/pulse works for MANY people. Try to find out as much as you can about probiotics and diet that will make your chances of success this time greater. I think if I had one thing I would have done differently after finishing meds, it would have been to eat lots of prebiotic foods, in addition to the probiotics.

Ca5per03
Regular User

Postby Ca5per03 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:39 pm

Im wondering if my lack of eating didn't help. I still took a probiotic, but half dose, doctor said to.... So I upped the probiotic and I'm going to try yogurt, half to find one I can tolerate, I drink almond milk cause milks always messed with me. I've seemed to be able to handle chicken, cooked baby carrots (wired seeing in bm, tmi sorry) and garlic backed potatoes. Raisin brand and almond milk, grilled cheese and chicken and rice. But I haven't been eating well, maybe once or twice a day. I'm a very picky eater and I'm trying to expand.
30, female

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”