Ladies

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Zapper
Regular Contributor

Ladies

Postby Zapper » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:26 pm

Any of you within child bearing age that notice an increase in symptoms/PI-IBS around menstruation? Today I am suffering BIG time. No new foods- have ruled out that it is food related.
I am in a good amount of pain- cramping all over my abd area and back, multiple bms (5 so far), nausea, and stomach gurgles. BMs are not watery D but close. Nothing seems to be helping today.. pepto.. levsin.. viberzi.. etc. I am 100% sure it is NOT a relapse as I am almost 7 months post FMT, however, I do think it is related to menstruation.
I am curious to see if others deal with this and if it resolved/got better during menopause. Thank you in advance.

AnxiousJ
Regular Contributor

Re: Ladies

Postby AnxiousJ » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:49 pm

Yes. My mild ibs ALWAYS gets way worse right before during and right after my cycle.

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Postby NikaNik » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:00 pm

Yes! Same here. I’m almost three years out and I definitely notice an increase in my mild IBS symptoms around ovulation and period time. Hormones are grand, aren’t they? Such fun being a woman!

OCmama
Regular Contributor

Postby OCmama » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:35 pm

Same here :-/ my PI-IBS always flares up right before and during.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:57 am

Me too!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:07 am

Yeeap , around my period i always have increase of symptoms : D , cramps , gas. I was actually having D on my period before i got Cdiff , after Cdiff it is worse.

LOOOL Roy!! :)))

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”