Heart Palpitations

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
ansul101
New User

Heart Palpitations

Postby ansul101 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:24 pm

Hello

Has anyone else had Heart palpitations after C diff had them when it was active and i went to the ER they went away for awhile and now for the last four days they are back is this a common thing Having a 24 hour holty monitor next week but i am scared

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Heart Palpitations

Postby NanciT » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:11 pm

The holter monitor is a good test giving you 24hrs of information, a standard EKG is just a few seconds. It sounds like this something that occurred AFTER cdiff and may not be related.

I had cardiac issues During CDIFF due to dehydration which lowered my Potassium and caused all kinds of issues.

Try not to worry about these tests, hopefully all will be OK

NanciT

ansul101
New User

Postby ansul101 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:08 pm

Had a 24 hour holter monitor and they said it was normal i am completely stumped to what they are having them seems like only after I eat

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:15 pm

Are you seeing a cardiologist? There are several other tests they can do if they continue.

NanciT

ansul101
New User

Postby ansul101 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:30 pm

No

my primary doctor will not refer me I have asked she is saying that there is nothing wrong with me uggggggg

amg
Regular Contributor

Postby amg » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:10 pm

Did you have those symptoms while you were on the Holter monitor? If you did not have any symptoms while wearing the Holter, then you really don't have an answer. If yes, then you can ask what was seen on your monitor during the time you had symptoms.

Do you drink beverages with caffeine? Sometimes people get palpitations with caffeine ingestion. Alcohol or rich heavy meals can also cause palpitations.

Sometimes people get palpitations from increased stress, and relaxation techniques can be helpful.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:16 pm

Hopefully your just more aware of your normal body functions while your not well.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”