Please don’t be a relapse :(

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Amb66
New User

Please don’t be a relapse :(

Postby Amb66 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:29 pm

Hi guys, I’m starting to worry this may be a relapse not just typical recovery and IBS and really need help. I’m 3 weeks post Vancomycin as of today. My concern is my frequency is going up (with the IBS it has been higher than most people but my GI said that’s okay). I had black beans for the first time for the last few days and it has made me gassy and therefore I think that could be why I’m going more but I’m still worried. Overall my Bm’s Are well formed still so nothing like when I was positive for c diff, D is minimal if there at all (which has been typical all recovery).

I also changed my probiotic dosage, going from 2 pills to just 1 a day. Could that be affecting things?

Besides a bit of an increase in frequency I really do not notice any of the same symptoms I had with the c diff so maybe I’m just freaking myself?

Thanks for the help guys. This site is a godsend

amg
Regular Contributor

Re: Please don’t be a relapse :(

Postby amg » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:13 pm

It seems too early to tell if it is a relapse, but I do know that any sort of beans were extremely hard on my daughter during her early recovery. She has graduated to soybeans now but is still nervous about trying any others.

I think it's a great sign that you don't have any other symptoms besides a bit of increased frequency.

You are, however, within the window of relapse. But worrying isn't going to change anything except make you feel worse, so if you can try to not stress, it's better for you. If it becomes a relapse, you will get treatment and you will beat it.

In the meantime, eat bland, avoid raw veggies and beans, try to not introduce any new foods until this calms down a little so you don't confound the picture, and try to relax.

Hope you feel better soon!

Amb66
New User

Postby Amb66 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:12 pm

Thank you so much for the response. I’ll give it a few days and pray things get better. Not stressing has certainly been my biggest struggle with everything but you’re right, if a relapse happens i’ll Get it taken care of again. Blessings :)

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:06 am

Black beans are high in fiber and those won't sit well with you in early recovery. Try to stick to bland foods for now , white meats ,eggs, rice ,green beans , peppers , carrots , zuchinni ,potatoes , foods that are easy to digest. Also try not to panic as long as you are not having the classic relapse symptoms : the D , abdominal pain , fever and generally feeling ill. Try to stick to the three day rule , most of us go by it when we get flares.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”