Neverending

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
mjcom
New User

Neverending

Postby mjcom » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:16 pm

I was diagnosed about three months ago, with symptoms dating well before that. I had an initial round of Metronidazole, was still testing positive, and finished Vanco about a week or two ago. This past week has been terrible, with numerous bouts of excruciating abdominal pain and diarrhea. It seems like any time I try to consume any substantial amount of food, it ends like this. I’m so tired and at a loss. Plans to go back to my infectious disease doctor. I just don’t want to be in pain anymore.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Neverending

Postby NanciT » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:23 am

Hello mjcom and Welcome to the site Please read the first thread for all new posters

Sorry you had to find us and that your symptoms continue. You didnt mention how long you were on Vanco or if it was a tapered dose. Either way, call your ID, I would not wait if diarrhea and abdominal pain continues. I would talk with your ID about trying Dificid and possibly a tapered dose. If you look on this site under CDI we have listed what people have taken in the past. Sometimes it can be tough to battle but you will get through it. If you read through the site you will find many people that were where you are now and they are better. It can take time. Watch your diet and try to eat bland while taking these medications, it gives the gut a rest. Watch for dehydration with the Diarrhea, I drank "Smart Water" which has electrolytes. I also used a heating pad for the abdominal pain and if you have any nausea, I used "Sea Bands" which I still use today if I have an "off" day.
Hope things improve for you soon!
NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:20 am

I agree with Nancy. If you don't feel better, call the doctor and see about being tested or starting meds. My relapses were always about 3 weeks after finishing meds, so it is possible that you are relapsing. The only way to really tell is to test.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:19 am

Another vote for testing, see CDI - Testing. Hang in there. You will be OK.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”