Beginning of relapse?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
emabry
New User

Beginning of relapse?

Postby emabry » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:29 pm

I finished my first course of Vanco several weeks ago and this morning I just started passing small amounts of M which was my main symptom before, I never got the characteristic watery D.

I am likely going to have surgery in the next couple days for a suture abscess (waiting on culture to come back to see if it’s infected or just a foreign body response).

Anyway, the orthopedic doc loves to give high strength antibiotics and had me on Clindamycin for pretty much all of August which in conjunction with me taking Prilosec caused the C Diff.

Question is: could this be a relapse or random symptom of recovery? How can I avoid C Diff again?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Beginning of relapse?

Postby NanciT » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:56 pm

Hello emabry and Welcome to the site Please read the first thread for all new posters

It's always difficult to know if symptoms are a relapse especially if you did not have typical symptoms. Just watch closely and see how it goes. That is all we can do , hopefully things will improve.

If you are waiting on a culture, they will do Sensitivities if the culture is positive. We have a list of "safer" antibiotics if they are required depending on the infection. I would print the list out and share it with your surgeon.

Hopefully you feel better soon
NanciT

brae
New User

Re: Beginning of relapse?

Postby brae » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:41 pm

Have you or are you taking probiotics of any kind? They seemed to have helped many people here in overcoming c. diff. It goes without saying I guess but diet is also essential. I've also found it helpful to keep detailed records of what my body is doing and what I am doing to it. Maybe you will notice a pattern or connection and make a breakthrough.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”