Update

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Lid49
Regular Contributor

Update

Postby Lid49 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:10 am

Lid49
Hi, I have news.
After calling and complaining to Mayo after deficid about a relapse I end up in ER with positive cdiff. The plan according with the DR was second FMT. A new round of deficid and finally I was scheduled for FMT. I was to the end of my power fitting for deficid again , laboratory testing, new Dr to do the procedure(my Dr is in maternity live). Yesterday 11.9.17 I did my second FMT at Mayo clinic. Strange and scared feelings during and after procedure. I did not know the Dr, the procedure report was different then my previews FMT. In recovery room I did not loose my transplant , still holding today in the morning. The report available documented by Dr is FMT live donor transplant in cecum. Way only in cecum ?i do not know.
Sigmoid diverticulosis . So this is the update. I do not know what else can come up but I feel tired and disappointed.
Thank you so much for all the support and advice. You guys are amazing.
Lidia.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Update

Postby NanciT » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:07 am

Happy to hear you have had the FMT and also the Dificid BEFORE the procedure. This has worked for many on the site. Hang in there and give it time, it can still take some time but with that combination it does work.
Wishing you the BEST with this in your recovery
NanciT

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:24 am

Lid49
Thank you Nancy
Question how do I treat diverticulosis, never ending story.
Need advice.
Lidia.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:32 pm

Check with your GI, it is very common. Also take a look at the WEB MD site. We can't give medical advice, just refer where you can get information.
It takes the Gut time to heal even if an FMT was done. Some recover quickly, other's it's a process. Take a look at the FMT thread, lots of information there!

NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:59 am

Lid , glad you got a second FMT hopefully this one is gonna do the trick . Remember that even if FMT was successful you can still deal with rough days , as the true gut healer is TIME. Rest , eat well and bland healthy foods, ask your doctor about taking a fiber supplement to feed your new baby bacteria and try to calm down and think positive , don't let anxiety overwhelm you , you will beat this.
Sending positive mojo your way for a speedy recovery!

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:19 am

Lid49
Thank you Georgina . I hope this will work.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”