1 month post treatment

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Kristin
Regular User

1 month post treatment

Postby Kristin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:07 am

I am so excited that I am 1 month post treatment (3rd times the charm right?....yes, got cdiff 3 times. Vanco 3 times and finally vanco taper)! I am feeling great. My BMs seem to have returned to normal and I have no food issues. It has been a LONG road. But I feel like I've hit a safe zone with the one month mark. Considering I always relapsed exactly 2 weeks after getting off the vanco. I know I will rest easier when I hit the 3 month mark, but for now I'm cheering and jumping up and down and patting myself on the back for persevering through this awful ordeal.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: 1 month post treatment

Postby beth22 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:06 am

That's good news, especially that you have no food intolerances. Let us know how you progress.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:53 am

That is excellent news! I remember hitting those milestones too. It is such a great feeling. 1 Month, 3 Months, 6 Months, a Year! You will get there too!

Machaon
Regular Contributor

Postby Machaon » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi Kristin!

It's always great to hear about a full recovery from C-diff! Congratulations on the one month milestone! The fact that you can eat what you want, and your body seems to have returned to normal, bodes well for continued success, IMHO.

I'm about two months post 10 days of dificid, and actually feel better, and am doing better, than I did before the C-diff! I no longer fear a relapse, although I know that anything is possible. We still wash our hands frequently, especially before eating.

Tomorrow, I visit the same medical complex where I feel that I first contracted C-diff, so I am somewhat nervous about going back there.

Anywho... great news and keep up the cheering and jumping up and down and the patting on the back! You certainly earned the right to do that! :)

Regards, Bob
Male 77 S.Florida

900 weight lifts 750 knee bends day

Since 1987 had CHF afib asthma

I inhale $6 Flonase nasal spray for asthma :)

Ex C-diff (4/19/17- 9/12/17) after 10 days dificid

Diet:6 meals ~1500 cals 2 eggs 2 steamed broccoli, apple, bagels

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:31 pm

Great news Kristin. I remember that feeling. Before you know it another month will hopefully pass!
The amazing thing is no food intolerances. Good for you!

Kristin
Regular User

Postby Kristin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:39 pm

Thank you all!!! I'm very excited to finally make it to the other side of feeling better. I was equally shocked to not have any food intolerances. The most I'll get is a very gassy/upset stomach after a raw salad. But it's not something I can't handle. All other foods seem fine. I didn't come out completely unscathed though. If I'm going to be completely blunt....childbirth and then cdiff soon after completely wrecked my bum hole. Hemmorhoids galore. My bum is very angry.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:18 am

Glad you are doing well Kristin , hope you continue to improve. Remember to write in success stories when you feel ready!

Aoifexx2
New User

Postby Aoifexx2 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi Kirsten,

Congrats on finally reaching the one month mark! I'm new here and I've been two weeks clear after a 7 week bout I'm still so exhausted have heart palpitations nausea some days up to 15 times a day I go to the bathroom. I was just wondering if you or anyone else had any advice? I think I made my own post but I'm not too sure if it's visible I'm really struggling at the moment and would really appreciate any advice.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:44 am

Aoifexx2 - You got several answers in your other post. Check there.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”