sorry think i posted in wrong section posting here

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
peteus
New User

sorry think i posted in wrong section posting here

Postby peteus » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:17 pm

HI Everyone.

Here's my story.. I had a lot of work on my mouth and had 2 bouts with prostate problems this year and 4 oral surgurys. I was on 2 courses of Cipro and probaly about 4 of Clydinmycin.. Sorry my spelling isn't the best. It's just been a bad year and normally healthy guy. work out go to gym eat healthy too.. I contacted c diff from the antibotics and no doctor told me about c diff including my oral surgeron. I started to have strong urges and just made it to bathrooom thats how it started. I had formed stools with blood but i also have hemmrroids and figure thats why the blood. So formed stools and blood.. I was having the rubber band preformed for hemmorids and my Rectal doctor said do test you probaly will come up neg but just lets stop guessing. I tested pz and that day i knew i was because the stink was a bad barn that hasn't been cleaned. He put me on Flagyl for 10 days 500mg 3 times a day. He said I have a mild case. I didn't have fever . only once direarra .. id go to bathroom 5 times a day when normally once a day. My question is i was on meds 10 days and last pill was on a saturday at 5 and he had me test on monday in morn with stool sample at Lab corp. I thought for sure i still had it very mild cramps and going to bathroom 3 times a day formed stools but Mushy.. So just got the call that im neg and no more testing.. Too be honest i never really felt sick and no liquid dirrera just very mild crapms once in awhile and normally left side and some urgency.. So my questions are this. It was about 36 hours after taking med and tested is that too soon? I still have a little urgency to go but go to bathroom 3 times mushy formed stools. Mushy though. If someone could give me advice i also suffer from anxiety which is the worst! Thanks for reading.. Hope to hear back and I wish everyone well. Not good to be sick!

peteus
New User

Re: sorry think i posted in wrong section posting here

Postby peteus » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:46 pm

I also had spasms in my stomach and colon and was going to bathroom 6 times at that start. My GP thought it was IBS which i probably have also.. I'm just trying to give you a accurate story of what happened. I read here that a lot even after tested neg for it still have lingering symptoms.. Never had liquid direarra but formed and still mushy .. I guess i'll take results and try to move on if anyone has any feed back please let me know. Just dont know after 36 hours after stopping meds if i should have tested but i follow doctors orders. That's what got me into this at the start with the oral surgern.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:30 am

Hi and welcome to the site. Please read the first forum for information for new posters. It is best to wait 10 to 14 days after finishing medication to test because you can get a false negative. If you still have symptoms in a week, ask to be retested. Meanwhile you might try taking some probiotics or drinking kefir. If you tolerate yogurt, that is also good. Some people get food intolerances, so see if any foods bother you and don't eat them for a while. Dairy or foods high in fiber give some people trouble. .

peteus
New User

Postby peteus » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:54 am

Thx Beth for giving me your advice.. I've been on probiotics and added Kefir yogurt to my diet 2 times a day. I'm trying my best. I woke up and went to bathroom 2 times this morning nothing but some blood and gas.I have hemorroids that they are doing rubber band also so the blood could be relatated to that but i have a feeling i still have c diff. sorry.. I hope this gets better but if not i will ask for another test in a week. I also heard it takes awhile to get flora back and this maybe normal??? I'm not sure this is first for me with C diff never heard of it before.. thx again!

peteus
New User

Postby peteus » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:08 am

Gets stranger now pooped hard pellets and gas.. Urgency and thirsty .. Slight stomach cramps I put a call into doctor maybe im thinking IBS. Just getting down.

peteus
New User

Postby peteus » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:09 am

I'm trying to get answers if anyone can help . I believe I have IBS but the doctors here don't give you direct answers your in and out real quick. It's not how it used to be years back. This morning i woke up and had liquid diarrhea and even when I had C Diff i didn't have diarrhea then 45 mins later i had hard small rabbit pellets. I've been drink a lot of water due to hydrating also. I have slight stomach cramps and anxiety .. The doctor when I called yesterday said he will not retest me unless i have fever. i feel sick. bad stomach cramps. and diarrhea.. He said i tested positive last time but neg after meds and i don't have it. I don't know what to to I am going to Gastro doctor next week.. Any advice?? Please I go to bathroom anywhere between 2 to 4 times a day now and been taking I started to take Chlordiazepoxide which is a generic for liberax i think that helps me with my nerves and stomach.. any advice i'd welcome..

peteus
New User

Postby peteus » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:56 pm

Beth.. I went for a c diff PCR test after 14 days of the Neg EIA test just to be sure. Got the results and Neg. I'm going to move on in my life and work on my anxiety which is my main problem.. I wish everyone here a speedy recovery !!! No More clindamycin for me!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:24 am

Glad you had a negative PCR.
I've taken Librax for awhile and it did help with anxiety and also with my gut issues ,it made me feel drowsy at the beginning for a few days but that's a common side effect , after a week or so the drowsiness disappeared.

peteus
New User

Postby peteus » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:31 pm

I'd like to thank Beth and Georgina for replying to my post.. Georgina.. Yes.. I was taking Librax also then doctor switched it on me.. I
The problem is the new med doesn't do anything for anxiety so i'm switching back to Librax which lowered my anxiety.. I was on a few anti anxiety medication and I didn't do well on it. I rather just deal with it with Librax and tough it out. My body reacts very strong to certain drugs and it wasn't a pleasant experiance . Each day i feel a little better trying to over come these stupids fears.. I've been here before and will over come it. My heart goes out to people who are sick on here and wish the best for them. We all have our stuff but i'm grateful to the man upstairs for everything.. Be well!!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”