Cdiff symptoms

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
TammyW
Brand New Poster

Cdiff symptoms

Postby TammyW » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:02 pm

My 9 year old has diarrhea and vomitting coincided together usually at the same time. Her dr is testing her for cdiff as precautionary due to a year ago my 2 year old it but her was associated with antibiotics ... what are the chances she has caught this. My 2 year old never threw up. My daughter will have a few bad hours of cramping and diarrhea and while she is using the bathroom
She throws up after it has cleared her system she fine the rest of day.... this has been going on for 4 days. I’m
Hoping it’s viral but would like insight ?? Also she has no fever and has not really lost her appetite.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Cdiff symptoms

Postby georgina » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:42 am

It might be viral. Usually Cdiff comes with endless D and abdominal pain , vomiting is not a classic symptom. A good sign is that she didn't lost her appetite and she is able to eat. It was a smart choice to have her tested , is better to be safe then sorry. Hopefully the test will come back negative and symptoms will clear soon. Try giving her a good probiotic , Florastor perhaps might help bulk up her stools.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Cdiff symptoms

Postby beth22 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:16 am

If you start probiotics, use the children's Florastor and ask your pediatrician what he or she would recommend. Several other brands have a children's formula.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”