My sons's ordeal with C dif

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
roy
Administrator

Re: My sons's ordeal with C dif

Postby roy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:33 pm

Antidepressants are often used to treat IBS.
The gut wall has its own collection of brain cells embedded in it and it works independently to the head brain.
That's why the gut continues working when someone's head brain is comprised or even brain dead.
Antidepressants calm those cells and relieve IBS symptoms.

almadh
New User

Postby almadh » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:33 pm

He Denizz
Ne dosn't have chrons he was misdiagnosed and that's why he went for such a long time with not treatment for C diff.

Bryan30
New User

Postby Bryan30 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:47 am

I was the same exact way. My last positive for c-diff was back in July. My chief complaint has always been the upper left pain that goes through to my back. This was their reasoning for multiple CT scans, MRI, MRCP, Endoscopy, Endoscopic Ultrasound, Barium Swallow... blood tests countless times including Pancreatic Lipase and Amaylase... nothing has ever shown up. I never really had WD with c-diff... just loose and mud like stool. Keep us updated on blood tests. Sending prayers your way

almadh
New User

Postby almadh » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:18 am

Question
How long does it takes to be pain free after Vanco?

almadh
New User

Postby almadh » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:53 am

Hi To all
I wanted to give an update . My son finally is starting to feel better. 3 weeks ago I took him to an acupuncturist Dr. Kent Morehead at Oriental Health Solutions in Durham NC http://www.orientalhealthsolutions.com/ ... ctitioners. and after the first session his pain went down considerably. Dr. Kent prescribed him Gut Repair, Enzymes, Biocidin and told me not to give my son any raw fruit or vegetable as well as no gluten. Suggest him to eat a lot of bone broths and organic food as well as organic sauerkraut. Last week My son also was diagnosed with pelvic floor dysfunction. Which Dr. Kent started to treat yesterday . My son is feeling much better. I'm so thankful to have found this wonderful acupuncture Dr. with a deep knowledge in GI problems. My son is thinking about going back to College in January. Thanks to all in this board for your support. It really helped me when I was desperate and loosing hope.

Bryan30
New User

Postby Bryan30 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:36 pm

Great to hear! I too am trying gluten free. I will read up on oriental health solutions. My cdiff symptoms were the exact same as your son's. I've had every test imaginable that showed nothing until C-diff was positive. I was also falsely diagnosed with Chrons. I read above that you had pancreatic enzymes and bloods checked. Did they come back normal the whole time or anything elevated? I am currently beating treated for PI-IBS. All my testing including cdiff is now negative. (Thank god) Hoping and praying for your son's full recovery.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”