Loosing weight

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Lid49
Regular Contributor

Loosing weight

Postby Lid49 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:59 pm

Hi
Lid49
Loosing a lot of weight, not able to eat. Any suggestions is it normal?
Depression is at the ruff level I start medication. I want to get better but I`m tired. Monday I will start cognitive therapy. I look anorexic. drinking ENSURE .I`m praying to makit to the next FMT. Thank you guys it is great to have you.
Lidia.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: Loosing weight

Postby Ril » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:34 pm

Lidia, you often have a poor appetite. Ensure is good but if you drink too much of it instead of trying to eat food it will fill you up. Don't try to eat 3 big meals. Try to eat several very small meals. Every few hours try to eat small amounts of bland foods that you can tolerate such as broiled chicken or fish with boiled or mashed potatoes or rice, or an egg with a piece of toast etc. You can also nibble and snack on crackers with avocado or some regular or low sugar jam or things like that. One of the things that I could tolerate was pasta or rice with reduced fat butter and grated cheese or an egg scrambled into it. You can reheat the leftover pasta in the microwave.

Don't let the weight loss scare you. It happened to most of us,
Rita

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:16 pm

Thank you so much, today food was more bearable. I guess because of anxiety I was loosing more wight. I will follow the advice. Again thank you.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:25 pm

The weight loss is common with this illness and it is also difficult to eat when you don't have much appetite. I ate very small meals, a little at a time.
I wore "Sea Bands" for the nausea and they helped. The depression is also something most of went through and it is difficult. It's good you have started medication,that should help. You might also consider seeing a counselor, someone who you can talk with.

We are here for support, you are not alone in this and you will get through it!!

NanciT

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:23 pm

Lid49
I started deficid yesterday morning , on the third pill, going 3 or 4 times per day BM. Very blouting , Pain under my ribs is tis normal. I hope to be able to take tis medication.
Thank you all for give me hope, Vanco I guess is not working for me very well.
Lidia,

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:58 pm

Lidia

I did not feel well on the taper/dosing of Difcid. It can be harsh. Things should slow up as far as the diarrhea, give it a little time.

Hope you feel better soon

NanciT

Machaon
Regular Contributor

Postby Machaon » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:08 pm

Dificid is deadly against C-diff, so it is important that you take the full prescription, if you can. I don't know anything about pain under the ribs, but C-diff causes damage, so I would imagine during the time that dificid is killing C-diff, it might be normal to feel some discomfort. If you feel that you are getting serious side effects from dificid, call the doctor and ask him about it.

I am 26 days after I took 10 days dificid. Each day on dificid I felt better and better. During those 10 days, and up to today, I took a lot of probiotics, in order to try to restore the healthy bacteria in my gut. I feel that C-diff never leaves, once one gets it, so I want to re-establish a very healthy gut.

Dificid kills C-diff without killing beneficial bacteria, so it is important to try and restore the healthy bacteria as much as possible, during and after dificid. Saccharomyces Boulardii has been shown to be very beneficial towards a healthy gut, so that is a must take, in my opinion. I took five Jarrow Formulas Saccharomyces Boulardii + MOS, 5 Billion Cells Per Capsule, at 17 cents per capsule and I am doing very well, almost back to normal. I also took other probiotics.

Best of luck and health!

Regards, Bob
Male 77 S.Florida

900 weight lifts 750 knee bends day

Since 1987 had CHF afib asthma

I inhale $6 Flonase nasal spray for asthma :)

Ex C-diff (4/19/17- 9/12/17) after 10 days dificid

Diet:6 meals ~1500 cals 2 eggs 2 steamed broccoli, apple, bagels

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:59 pm

Thank you , will do . I did not think of stopping, I was concern.
Lidia .Many thanks you wanderfull people.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:31 pm

Bob and Lidia,
s. Boulardii, generic Florastor, is thought to probably be beneficial and I take it myself, but 5 per day is a huge dose. Many people cannot tolerate that much and will have a bad reaction to that large a dose of any probiotic. I would not advise anyone to try to take so much. It can cause gas, bloating and even d, and then it is hard to tell if symptoms are from the probiotics or c diff. It is best to try 1 or 2 first and see how it is tolerated. Megadoses are not usually advised although I am glad it worked for you.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”