Pelvic Pain - almost like cramps?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
mjcom
New User

Pelvic Pain - almost like cramps?

Postby mjcom » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:25 am

I was diagnosed about two weeks ago and am on Metronidazole. I began this journey because I originally thought my abdominal pain and diarrhea were menstrual related. Does anyone else get abdominal pain that feels super similar to menstrual cramps? I know that since the intestines are so close to the uterus, they can affect one another.

roy
Administrator

Re: Pelvic Pain - almost like cramps?

Postby roy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:53 am

Has the medication stopped the diarrhea?

mjcom
New User

Postby mjcom » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:38 pm

It's drastically decreased. I was experiencing the pain prior to medication though.

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:40 pm

Hi, concerning just the issue of can colon pain feel like menstrual cramps, from my experience - yes. I am 7 months post successful FMT, and have been C Diff free since, but now suffer with IBS erratically. C Diff for me caused horrible cramping, sometimes in my lower abdomen and sometimes on both sides to mid-abdomen. IBS also causes bad cramping in the same locations, actually more painful that C Diff cramping at times. With both... when it occurred in my lower abdominal area it absolutely felt like menstrual cramping, very similar. Actually during my last IBS attack, on the first day I thought I was developing some type of female infection. It can be confusing! What is most important for you at this point is that it sounds like your C Diff infection has responded to the Flagyl.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:34 am

I had the same , i was feeling lots of lower abdomen pain exactly like you describe , like a HUGE menstrual cramp .

Zapper
Regular Contributor

Postby Zapper » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:41 pm

It wasn’t until my 3rd hospitalization when they gave me dilaudid and morphine that I realized I was having abd pains! I guess I got used to being in a moderate state of pain at all times. It wouldn’t surprise me if they were c diff related.. def somethinf to talk with your doctor about. Could be IBS too? Are there certain things that trigger it like stress or certain foods? Or is it all the time?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:27 pm

Stress and food both can cause IBS. The Post CDiff Ibs can be difficult and also be triggered when adding new food. It all does take time

NanciT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”