Wish things would improve

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Bryan30
New User

Wish things would improve

Postby Bryan30 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:07 am

After about a one year battle with C-Diff after Giardia treatment (2 Vanco Fails, and then negative cdiff after dificid) I find myself still fighting. It is still early, I finished my dificid at the end of July. It's just the strange symptoms I can't shake. My stool has formed for the most part. No more mucus. There are some loose stool days. My chief complaints are constant low grade nausea, I feel constant trapped burps, when I do get them out I always get food or acid. Directly after this my throats started feeling tightness.(This started while on my first vanco trial and never left after). Most of my pain is left side under ribs, and when I havecthat I can feel it in my left upper back. When I take deep breath I can feel the pressure and the left abdominal back pain gets worse. It almost feels like my stomach is inflamed and pressing on nerves when my diaphragm expands.I have had every test under the sun. All negative. Endoscope, barium swallow.Colonoscopy, Abdominal CT scans, MRI of abdomen, MRCP of pancreas... Endoscopic Ultrasound....bloods tests all normal.... this all started with that parasite, and then c-diff after flagyl. My limbs weigh 1000 lbs, but I fight everyday to go to work and live a normal life. I just don't know where to go from here.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: Wish things would improve

Postby Lisa33 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:57 am

So sorry that you are still dealing with so many GI issues after c-diff. Many people are unfortunately left with these distresses for some reason. It sounds like acid reflux, but you have been checked for everything under the sun. I dealt with nausea, mainly in the morning for quite some time in early recovery. I had post infectious IBS after c-diff as well. Prior to c-diff, I had zero GI issues. It took some time for things to calm down. I am 3 years out now, but do have GI issues from time to time still. I remember also having that feeling of trapped burps at times and that upper gut tightness. I feel like so many things around c-diff are unexplained, and we never get answers. Sometimes the only answer is time. Most people do say that with time, symptoms improve and eventually go away.

Bryan30
New User

Postby Bryan30 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:21 am

Thank you so much for your reply. It helps so much to know that other people have dealt with this and you're not alone. This site and its members are so uplifting.

Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Postby Davidtm » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:50 am

I can relate to your situation and a lot of others experience the off days here and there in recovery. Off meds for that long is great and I hope you see improvement as time goes on. When I would feel like I had trapped burps and would force myself to burp it always caused me a little burning and tightness from the acid irritation. I chewed my food really well to get the saliva into my stomach and made sure to drink plenty of water during the day. Some days it helped and some days it didn't. If it's concerning to you keep a food journal and talk to your dr about the possibilities of what could be causing it and how to fix it. Not sure if you're left with anxiety from your ordeal but many are and I'm a firm believer in the mind/gut balance. I sought help in that respect and it did improve things for me. This disease causes issues in too many of us post successful treatment. Keep and eye on it and fill your heart with positivity! Hope you feel much better and begin to have more and more good days.

Bryan30
New User

Postby Bryan30 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:57 am

Thank you David. I will do so and you do the same. God Bless.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:13 pm

Bryan

It can be very discouraging. Some move on and other's like myself are left with IBS and GERD. I had vomiting with CDIFF which caused a hernia and left me with acid reflux. Talk to your GI about one of the OTC acid reflux meds. I was on aciphex and just got off it due to it is now labeled a risk for CDIFF.
Sometimes this all takes time. I continue to use "Sea Bands" on and off for the nausea I still get, I think mine is related to the Post IBS. It acts up and then does go away so I think it's a matter of time for some.

It sounds like you have been tested a great deal and all is clear which is great news! There are a lot of us on the slow road to recovery but more good days rather than bad is where we are heading

Wishing you better days ahead

NanciT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”