Brain Fog

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Ae123
New User

Brain Fog

Postby Ae123 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:33 pm

Anyone else here suffer from a fatigue, heavy head, brain fog feeling while dealing with this infection? It seems that's really the only thing dragging me down with it currently, as my case is labeled mild.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Brain Fog

Postby Bobbie » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:46 pm

Many have complained of brain fog. Do not know if it is a result of the meds, anxiety, or the disease itself or a combo of the three.

Why don't you do some research and let us know the results.

Glad u re feeling better.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:56 pm

CDIFF can cause fatigue which also can cause brain fog.

It's difficult to say what a 'mild" case of CDIFF is unless you were treated and recovered quickly. Then I would not expect symptoms of brain fog to continue. As mentioned, medication can also cause this but once you are off it should go away,

NanciT

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:55 pm

Agree with NanciT.
Also unclear what would cause a case to be labeled "mild" except guessing if it responded quickly to medication???

People sometimes complain that Flagyl causes brain fog but it is temporary as is most other physical issues that go along with the infection. It just might take time.

Ae123
New User

Postby Ae123 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:14 pm

Mild, 1-3 BM a day compared to 10-15 or so, and no fever excessive cramping. I've been on Vanco for about 5 days now so my symptoms have improved but still dealing with fatigue and "brain fog". Just wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this.

heatherc
New User

Postby heatherc » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:40 pm

I've been on 250 mg 4x a day Vanco since Monday. Still super tired although the brain fog isn't near as bad. My problem is the ears clogging. Hopefully it gets better for ya

Kristin
Regular User

Postby Kristin » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:59 am

I definitely am still having brain fog! I have 2 weeks left of my long vanco taper (I'm now on to every 3 days for 14 days) and I still feel very tired and "fuzzy." I'm not sure if this is also because I have a 4 month old and I still feel like I'm recovering from birth and all that came with that and not getting as much sleep anymore or if it really is just from the vanco. Or maybe a big fat cocktail of these 2 things that's making it doubly hard. I did notice that since being on the antibiotics I don't quite feel the same. I have felt more anxious as well and I've never ever struggled with that.

heatherc
New User

Postby heatherc » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:18 am

I am dealing with the anxiety as well. I've never had a problem with depression or anxiety in my life and actually didn't occur until my 3rd relapse I'm assuming my nerves are completely shot Sorry you are going through this with an infant

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:24 am

I had c-diff back in Sept 2014, and I remember the "brain fog" quite well. I had terrible fatigue, achiness and a flu-like feeling for quite some time, even for several months after being cured. Flagyl definitely made the brain fog worse. That was the drug from hell for me. With time the brain fog did go away. As I boosted up my immune system, started to eat a more balanced diet enriched with nutrients, along with adding Vitamin D, as I was deficient in it, I started to feel a lot better. For me, going gluten free helped my healing process significantly. Everybody is different, but that's what worked for me. But, I do think that "brain fog" is not uncommon with an infection like c-diff.

Lisa

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”