Questions about this disease...Unsure. II

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
megan135
New User

Questions about this disease...Unsure. II

Postby megan135 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:37 am

I haven't been here for a long time, because my doctor's tested some diarrhea I had and it came back negative...My poop has been formed since then. It's been about 3 months since then. The issues i'm having now is a very painful gut on almost every BM. Even if i eat bland foods, such as potatoes and chicken, i still have painful BM...has anyone experienced this? I had c Diff and fought it for a while for 6 months...

I was stupid about this, and my poop started to get formed, and i wasn't dehydrated all of the time, so i could tell something was getting better...But i haven't went in for a colonoscopy or anything. My doctor suggested it, and i haven't been very responsible about it. I was almost saying to myself, "I've been so sick for so long, i don't want to even take one more day to be around doctors". I have been thinking about it, and think i should just make myself go, because i naively thought that my c diff experience was just 'done'. I was just hoping i would be done...Being sick with c diff almost ruined my relationship and I just do not want to deal with this anymore, let alone having side effects still. I need some direction, and if people have had what i asked about with the painful BM's that i've been having...Still having firm stool, though. But my BM's aren't back to what i used to have. Their firm, but it's almost like i can't poop regularly and am having a lot of constipation problems; problems that i've never had before. Someone help me, and someone please kick me in the butt. I don't really have anyone to support me with this whole...THING.

Bryan30
New User

Re: Questions about this disease...Unsure. II

Postby Bryan30 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:24 am

Megan,
I'm a 30 year old male who dealt with C-diff after taking flagyl for Giardia. I have finally tested negative after vanco twice and finally dificid. I never really had watery diarrhea with c-diff... it was just soft mushy stool and constant upperback/stomach pain and nausea. I tested positive for the toxins on mushy soft stool. Now after being treated with dificid, I'm having feelings of constipation. I definitely have to work harder. I think it's the fact that our digestive systems have been through so much and now it's an IBS thing... not to mention more than likely have developed food intolerances. I was totally healthy before this parasite and c-diff wrecked me.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:27 am

Megan135

It takes time for the gut to heal. See your GI again and let him know you are having these issues. Post IBS is common and it can talk a long time for things to got back to normal or in my case 3 years later...a NEW normal. There are medications for Post IBS like Hycosamine. I take this on and off and it really helps.
It's not clear if you have continued on a probiotic, I take VSL#3 everyday and also have activia which has helped.

Feel better soon

NanciT

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:31 pm

I would try Metamucil or benefiber to see if that helps, and give it some time before you rush into a scope. It really can take quite a while for your gut to heal, and if your symptoms are limited to what you describe, I would call that normal.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:14 am

I probably would not get a colonoscopy either, but it would be a good idea to see a GI and discuss your issues with him or her. Constipation can give pains after bms. It happened to me the other day as well. I don't do well with fiber supplements, even before c difficile, but others do. You could also try adding foods that have fiber into our diet. I take VSL#3 and it helps me.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:30 am

A good alternative to colonoscopy is the flexible rectosigmoidoscopy witch doesn't require the bowel cleanse just a gentle enema and a liquid diet the day before the procedure.

megan135
New User

Postby megan135 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:35 pm

I'm also not sure if this means anything, but it's been happening, so I thought i should include this information. I didn't yesterday because i was upset and word vomiting...

I also have had a really painful stomach since c diff, and nausea. I've been burping a lot(like acid reflux burps, and i have before hand been diagnosed with GERD). But my tummy has became super sore and i have been having the acid reflux 'burps' a ton. My intestines are also painful to the touch sometimes. On top of it, I have hidradenitis suppurativa, which cause very painful cysts under the skin. I've started to get them on my stomach, which is the weirdest thing...I've never got them there before. My whole middle is sore and hurtful. My acid reflux has also seemed to get SO much worse. I take omeprozole for it, and it doesn't seem to be helping. I almost walk around now daily--hourly--- and have the acid burning feeling in the back of my throat, even on medication. I'm just so sick feeling and tired of being sick and bloated and...NOT good feeling constantly...

I've also been dealing with pretty severe muscle aches, which i've never had before! My limbs always feel like i've worked out, and their tired and sore...but i'm not doing anything because i don't feel well! I'm at my wits end. I'm 23, and feel like i'm...I don't know, OLD and TIRED...

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:16 pm

It sounds like if you are going to get a scope, it should be a UPPPER endoscopy rather than a colonoscopy. I had several since c diff. That won't make you relapse and their is really no prep for it except to not eat. Your doctor could look inside your stomach to see if you have ulcers, etc or take biopsies if needed. I would definitely see a GI.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”