Moving on to every other day of vanco!

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Kristin
Regular User

Moving on to every other day of vanco!

Postby Kristin » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:39 am

On my 4th week of vanco now (I think? It has been such a blur...I am sure most of you can relate) and still going strong! Taking it down now to every other day from once a day. Which makes me so very very nervous. Each dose I go down makes me anxious. But I'm just trying to focus on my baby and my husband and my dog and trying to NOT think about cdiff. Which is rough, but I think I'm doinf a bang up dang ol' good job of it considering what I've been through. My baby is now 4 months, we have taken a couple trips as a family since the taper AND cooking ans baking has become a joy again. Mid-October is when I'm finally done with the taper, but for now it seems to be working really well!!

heatherc
New User

Re: Moving on to every other day of vanco!

Postby heatherc » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:05 pm

How are you doing and feeling? I'm on my second round of vanco on a full 14 days 250 mg 4x a day then starting a tapering dose. How is it working out for you, it's making me anxious

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:36 pm

Good luck to both of you.

Kristin
Regular User

Postby Kristin » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:49 am

Hey! I am honestly feeling pretty great! I'm now on every 3 days for 14 days and then ordered to stop. So I don't have too much longer. My bm's have been "normal" as in they are formed and no more mucous (which is mainly how my cdiff manifested itself) and I now go every other day. I will say that my new normal now is that the feeling to have to poop will come on suddenly now and I'll have to run straight away to the bathroom....but it's only every other day and they are normal stools. So the running to the bathroom I can deal with. SO much better than before. I am eating all the foods I could have before and seem to be doing fine. I know that others have not been so lucky. Less than 14 days left and I'm done with the taper. Ending the medicine completely is what's scaring me the most. This is my 3rd time having this and I just am really wanting this to work. So bad. I'm really having to focus on the good right now and so far all signs are pointing that my gut flora is getting healthier!

How are you feeling since the vanco? When does your taper end?

heatherc
New User

Postby heatherc » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:16 am

This is my 3rd relapse as well. I'm on a full course for 14 days then will do the taper. I haven't been told yet what that includes other than the GI's nurse told me I would be on vanco for several weeks. My only complaint with the vanco is awful ear clogg especially on the left side. Occasionally my ears will ring as well. But considering how I felt from last Monday to this Monday so much better. I really hope this works for the both of us. If not for me I was told being referred for a FMT

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:40 am

Hopefully the vanco does the trick for the both of you. If God forbid you need a next step plan, many on this site have been cured by Dificid after vanco tapers have failed. It's another option before the FMT. Some have done Dificid tapers which have cured the c-diff after multiple relapses.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”