2 questions

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
AnxiousJ
Regular Contributor

2 questions

Postby AnxiousJ » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:31 am

I have two seperate questions:

1. This may be a silly question but will most insurance companies cover probiotics? It never crossed my mind to ask until last night when I realized just how much I am spending (and have spent) on good quality probiotics.

2. Has anyone gotten a more definitive answer regarding calcium post c diff, specifically, calcium supplements? I have sadly limited my diet quite a bit (I'm dairy free now and really don't eat cruciferous veggies anymore). I was wondering for a while if I am getting enough calcium. I used to take calcium supplements pre-infection but since that article came out it's concerning and confusing me. I should ask my dr. but just thought I'd see if anyone has gotten answers yet.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: 2 questions

Postby NanciT » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:10 pm

The insurance questions is very individual, all plans are different. Often if you have an FSA or Flex Spending account through work you can use pre tax dollars for other the counter items but it's something I would call on if you have that type of account.

I have not heard any new information on the calcium question to date

NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: 2 questions

Postby beth22 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:39 pm

I asked my GI and he did not know either about the calcium connection, but when I first got c diff, I had been taking g Tums for a week or more.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”