To Dr. Mike

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Bobbie
Administrator

To Dr. Mike

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:48 pm

The two topics (vaccines and Crestovo) are not related. I was so tired I did not have time to sort the info. De. Mike confirmed this. Thanks, Mike, and thanks for the info on vaccine trials. We will copy it in CDI.

Vaccines are a never ending hope. Years ago, a well known doc did a vaccine trial and one participant had a reaction. She tried to use this site to sue the doc. Sick people are often not "nice" people.

What we post on this site is there for the whole wide world to see. Dr. Mike, I am concerned about some of your posts regarding medical advice - both for your sake and the site's sake. This is a support, not a medical, site. I know you mean well. We've had several other docs who answered medical questions, were inundated with questions, and stopped posting.

Keep your interest in c diff. You will be that rare creature - a doc who really understands c diff. Keep posting. Just no medical advice. Love your sense of humor. I

DrMike
Contributor

Re: To Dr. Mike

Postby DrMike » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:13 pm

Hey, Bobbie.

I know you don't know my real name, but *beleve* me...I've already had a PR meltdown and I have learned how to do social media through the school of *very* hard knocks. I can always walk away from this site if I need to, BUT: All of you were here for me when I was melting down and freaking out. All of you were here for me when I knew where to turn as a physician but not as a patient.

And now, as of an hour ago I am (hopefully) cured. I'm a new man with a new GI tract. There will come more patients who are delving into unfamiliar territory, perhaps without the set of resources I have at my own command. I owe something back, don't I? I owe every little thing I read and learn. I owe my ability to translate jargon into English and access to the resources I do have.

We're all humans, and my degrees don't make me any more human than anyone else on this board. I don't give medical advice; I give biology lessons.

And now, as I begin to heal from this horrible ordeal...I'll be here. Quieter, perhaps. But I'll be here. And I'll take care of myself. Thank you for caring. :-)

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: To Dr. Mike

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:33 am

Glad things went well. Did the doc tell you about fiber to "feed" the new bacteria? And about Imodium if necessary?

I think it would be great if you would "stick around" and help out with the biology lessons.

For some reason, c diff is a scary, scary infection. Maybe you can help us figure out why. I think it is related to the suddenness and variety of symptoms. One hour you can feel great-- and rotten the next.

Feel better. Celebrate!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”